Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FINALLY... a (relatively) easy at-home wax kit that WORKS!

So... real mom life truth... most moms don't have the time, or extra funds... to go get a bikini wax. Even if they do, it isn't always worth the effort for something that maybe they don't feel comfortable having a stranger do.

Well for one thing, I am all for bikini waxing. In my opinion, the slight discomfort of bikini waxing is worth it because I don't like shaving. Its a pain in the ass. I can deal with my legs but man... as a mom, I just don't have time for worrying about such a sensitive area becoming irritated, never being smooth, etc. So for me, waxing is worth it.

I have tried lots of different products for this. I've used the strips, the foams, the creams, regular waxes... all of it. The regular was for me sucked because I had such a hard time actually removing it. It hardened up too quickly and didn't remove all the hair I wanted. So I was on a mission to find a product I could use that I wouldn't hate, and I finally stumbled upon Moom sugar based hair remover.

Before I continue with this post, I want to mention this is not a sponsored review. I personally found and purchased this product with no influence from anyone else (with the exception of a few reviews from Amazon.com when I was placing my order there.) 


So this easy little nifty kit comes with the wax (which is sugar based), some popsicle sticks to apply it with (a couple of different sizes), REUSABLE cloth strips in various sizes, and of course your instruction booklet.

The stuff is really affordable (I think it was like $12 the day I ordered it) and it pays for itself even if you're just using it for your eyebrows or any small area.

I was brave and decided to use this all by myself, with no help from my hubby. He was at work, the kids were in bed, so it was mommy pampering time, if you can call it that. I warmed the wax up (about 30 seconds was enough- though I still had to let it cool off after so it wouldn't burn me) and I was set. I had absolutely no problems applying it. Its sticky so if it comes off of the stick it'll leave you sticky wherever it drips, but its super easy to remove with some water or even a baby wipe. 

Of course I was terrified to do this but I was shocked at how easy it was. I can't really provide before and after pictures of course but I will say that I did as the instructions say and skipped shaving all together for 2 weeks so that there was actually enough hair to remove. I applied the wax, laid the strip on, rubbed it 3 or 4 times, and then pulled the skin VERY taut and pulled the strip in the opposite direction of the hair growth. 

It was SO easy. I can't even say that enough. So easy and really not even much worse than waxing my eyebrows! It was honestly pretty painless. A quick pull and it was done. The best part was, I didn't have to go back over it. It missed no hair, every piece that had the sugar wax applied and the strip pressed over was removed. It was great. It only took me about 15 minutes to go completely "hair free", and there was no discomfort afterwards. There were tiny little dots of blood in some spots, which is very normal because you're literally removing the entire piece of hair so quickly. I had no negative reactions to it, even with my sensitive skin, and I am still SO smooth 2 weeks later! I am amazed!

My husband was so pleased with the results (TMI right?) and how well I reacted to it, he trusted me to do his eyebrows and they turned out great too! I've used it on my eyebrows as well, but as of now, bikini area and brows are all I've tried it on, and based on just that, I would recommend it to ANY one who asked, especially if you haven't had the best results with other at home methods!

Now, of course.... I'm curious about those Pinterest "DIY" sugar wax hair removal posts haha. Go figure!

Anyway... two big thumbs up for this one!

7 comments:

  1. I hate shaving and the pain of waxing is worth the comfort of 3 weeks and this products sounds good i would definitly try it ..nice review :)

    www.glittergossip.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that it actually works. I tried one waxing product way back and hated it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally can't even count how many I've tried but I just keep looking for one that works. I was pleasantly surprised with this. I honestly expected it to be wasted money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from the Mom Bloggers Club, New Bloggers Group. following you now! Ack, wax just scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog in Mom Bloggers Club.Great blog you have here. I am following you now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy Levitra 40 mg online is known from its brand name Vardenafil which is used to treat the sexual problem of male counterpart called impotence or erectile Dysfunction.

    ReplyDelete